Add on licensurePage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/about/policies/addonlicensure.html
The State of Minnesota requires at least ten weeks of student teaching for initial licensure. For additional licensure areas, candidates are required to complete a practicum to cover the scope of the license.
College of Education requirements
- Initial licensure requires 16 week clinical experience
- Add-on requires 1/2 semester-equivalent in elementary or secondary level, depending on the level of the candidate's original license
- Special Education (EBD & LD) require full student 16 week clinical experience
For Further Information
- Licensure areas/levels
- Professional Ed
- Office of Field Experiences and Student Teaching - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Candidate Handbook - Courses
- Special Ed Student Teaching
- Observe and monitor candidate performance
- Provide relevant feedback to both candidates and clinical faculty. Provide professional development seminars for candidates.
- Evaluate candidate performance