Major Advising: EEPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/advising/majoradvising/ee.html
Advising Undergraduate Students
The Department of Educational Studies: Elementary and Early Childhood and the College of Education serve students through developmentally appropriate levels of advising.
Admission to the Major:
- Completion of 30 credits.
- "A" or "B" in ENG and CMST 100 or CMST 102.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or better.
Admission to Professional Education:
- Minimum grade of "B" (ENG 101, CMST 100 or CMST 102
- MATH 201; EEC 215 and EEC 222W
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 40 credits
- Completion of or registration for MTLE Basic Skills
- Successful completion of Writing Assessment Lab and follow-up remediation.
Admission is competitive based on scores determined by rubric.
- a. Recommendation forms focusing on professional dispositions and work experiences.
- b. Cover letter and resume.
- c. Academic record and GPA.
- d. Writing assessment lab.
- e. Interview
Admission to Blocks: Admission to blocks is by application. Student will be monitored for progress in completing coursework and dispositions.
Admission to Student teaching: Admission to the student teaching experience is contingent upon completion of:
- Completion of all coursework in major and General Education requirements
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0, grades of a "C" or better for all program requirements.
- Admittance into Professional Education.
- Completion of all methods and professional education course work.
- Completion and validation of formal application materials one year prior to student teaching semester.
- Attendance at all preliminary student teaching meeting(s).
- Recommendation of advisor.
- Approval of placement by school district administration, a mentor teacher, and Director of the Office of Field and International Experience, and completion of Minnesota State Police Background check materials.