Annual ReportPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/annualreport.html
Message from the Dean
As a college we remain committed to serving children, families and communities. We demonstrate our belief in the power of education through the fulfillment of our mission—to prepare professionals who embrace bigideas and real-world thinking to ensure student success.
The college maintains rigorous standards set forth by the professional education community:
- National accreditation through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education/Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- National accreditation for counseling preparation from the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- National accreditation for early childhood education programs (The Children’s House) from the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- State approval for teacher preparation from the Minnesota Board of Teaching
- State approval for school administration preparation from the Minnesota Board of School Administrators
In addition, through our work with the Bush Foundation NExT program (Network for Excellence in Teaching) and other initiatives and programs in our college, we continue to gain momentum on changes that will impact the lives of children in Minnesota and across our nation. For example, we are
- Transforming teaching preparation to maximize the effectiveness of our graduates, including the redefinition of our candidates’ field experience through the co-teaching model and long-term placements;
- Taking mentoring to a new level by combining traditional one-to-one coaching with sophisticated performance evaluation and data analysis, thereby giving teacher candidates and practicing teachers even more insight on how they can facilitate student success;
- Using research to discover new ways for administrators to foster learning and create more positive and supportive cultures in their schools;
- Reaching out beyond the traditional K-12 environment to bring the educator’s perspective to areas such as aviation and military science.
We are doing this important work in the context of engaged partnerships with teachers, administrators, school districts, communities, other institutions of higher learning, and funding organizations.
Our achievements are the result of our faculty and staff whose hard work and dedication impact countless lives. They not only inspire and mentor our candidates but they also contribute significantly to the profession through research, publication and service.
Our achievements would also not be possible without the support of our alumni, donors and friends. Because of the generous gifts of time, talent and resources we are better able to support our candidates’ preparation as they prepare to meet the needs of the profession and the communities they will serve.
We hope you enjoy learning more about Minnesota State Mankato’s College of Education.