Guard/ReservePage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/armyrotc/prospective/guard.html
Students currently enlisted in the National Guard or Army Reserve can participate in ROTC and become an officer in their respective component.
The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) allows them to train with their unit and participate in ROTC at the same time. While in the program, you'll drill as a cadet with an E5 pay grade and be placed in an officer position.
- Continued use of the Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal or State Tuition Assistance
- The ROTC SMP Kicker - $350 a month
- Additional monthly stipend:
- Sophomore = $350
- Junior = $450
- Senior = $500
- Non-deployable while contracted (committed) to the program
There are two scholarships available which guarantee placement into the National Guard or Reserves upon graduation and commissioning. Once committed you cannot change your mind and go into the Active Component.
SMP seniors (non-scholarship) have the option of electing to go on Active duty upon graduation.