Program Assessment & AccreditationPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/aviation/program/
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY,
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
AVIATION PROGRAM, PROFESSIONAL FLIGHT
COMPLIANCE WITH AABI POLICY 3.4.2
Minnesota State University, Mankato’s mission statement sums up its commitment to excellence in all areas.
MNSU MISSION STATEMENT
Minnesota State University, Mankato promotes learning through effective undergraduate and graduate teaching, scholarship, and research in service to the state, the region and the global community.
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, MANKATO VISION STATEMENT
The MNSU Vision Statement reflects the belief in the commitment to excellence, service to the community, and absolute commitment to student learning:
- Minnesota State University, Mankato (MNSU) will be known as a university where people expect to go further than they thought possible by combining knowledge and the passion to achieve great things.
- Our foundation for this vision is our heritage of both dedicated teaching and the direct application of knowledge to improve a diverse community and world. We will achieve it by actively nurturing the passion within students, faculty and staff to push beyond possibility on the way to realizing dreams.
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, MANKATO STATEMENT OF GOALS
As a further commitment to excellence, MNSU has adopted goals and values that are both philosophical and strategic in nature, stated in its Statement of Goals:
- The University will foster an actively engaged and inclusive learning community based upon civility, trust, integrity, respect, and diversity in a safe, welcoming physical environment
- The University will strengthen its role as a major provider of graduate education, offering intensive, scholarly graduate programs including collaborative efforts with other institutions and professionals, culminating in student expertise at professional levels
- The University will enhance advising, support services, and learning experiences that aid students in identifying life goals, planning academic careers, and achieving timely graduation
- The University will increase the quantity and quality of service to the state, region, and global community through collaborations, partnerships, and opportunities for cultural enrichment and continuous learning
- The University will invest in the professional development of all members of the University Community and in the appropriate technologies necessary to achieve excellence in learning through teaching, research, and service
- The University, as a whole and in all of its parts, will establish priorities through planning and assessment processes that anticipate our needs and focus our efforts and resources in support of our mission and goals
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, MANKATO
AVIATION PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Minnesota State University’s aviation program is to educate students today who will become professionals responsible for the safe and efficient design, management, and operation of the aviation system tomorrow. The program combines all elements of a substantive university education with aviation, flight, and management components to graduate well prepared aviation professionals. Acquisition of airmanship knowledge, skills, and ability while in college develops professionalism, responsibility, self-reliance and marketable skills for early career progression, and provides important experiences which ensure a level of understanding and competency essential to becoming an effective leader in an aviation profession.