Program Assessment & AccreditationPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/aviation/program/
Investing in an aviation education is a significant decision. Individuals seeking an aviation degree and pilot certificates should make an informed decision. Program accreditation is a distinguishing element of the highest quality aviation education programs. Minnesota State University - Mankato is accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI). AABI is the only professional, specialized accrediting organization approved by the Council on Higher Education (CHEA) to accredit aviation professional programs at universities in the U.S.A. and throughout the world. The goals of AABI are to:
- Stimulate collegiate aviation program excellence and self-improvement.
- Ensure that programs meet accepted standards of quality for current and prospective students and their parents.
- Ensure that graduates possess a broad background in the aviation industry as well as skills needed for aviation specializations.
- Assure aviation programs periodically perform a comprehensive self-analysis to achieve their objectives.
- Keep aviation educators in contact with other faculty, industry advisors, and practicing aviation professionals.
Of over 100 universities and colleges with aviation programs in the nation, only 31 in the United States have earned AABI accreditation. Minnesota State University - Mankato is proudly among those selected schools. AABI accreditation standards apply to every aspect of our programs, from faculty quality, teaching resources and technology, facilities, academic and flight training curricula, connections with the industry and community, and services for students. With the participation of educators, industry, and government organizations, AABI evaluates the quality of collegiate aviation programs. Members of AABI are educators, employers, practitioners, regulators, and aviation advocates.
We have proudly earned our AABI accreditation and know the value of this "seal of approval" for you. It means high standards for admission, relevant and current knowledge in your classes, faculty who are top notch, and access to career and professional opportunities that non-AABI schools may not be able to give you.