Initial Administrative LicensurePage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/edleadership/adminlicensure.html
In Minnesota, students pursuing licensure have two options:
- The Community Education Director license within the MS in Educational Leadership program.
- The K-12 Principal, Director of Special Education or Superintendent license within the Specialist degree in Educational Leadership.
Both of these programs prepare students to pursue licensure.
Minnesota State University Mankato prepares candidates for administrative licensure in the following areas; K-12 Principals, Superintendents, Director of Special Education and Director of Community Education. MNSU’s Administrative Licensure program is compliant with all requirements per Minnesota Administrative Rule, 3512, Licensure of School Personnel.
For those entering the program in fall 2008 and after
- K-12 Principal Competencies
- Director of Special Education Competencies
- Superintendent Competencies
- Director of Community Education Competencies