CohortsPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/edleadership/cohorts.html
Cohort programs have been developed as an opportunity to complete a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership or a Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership with licensure.
- Director of Special Education (specialist)
- K–12 Principal (specialist)
- Superintendent (specialist)
- Director of Community Education (masters)
Minnesota State University Mankato prepares candidates for administrative licensure in the following areas; K-12 Principals, Superintendents, Director of Special Education and Director of Community Education. MNSU’s Administrative Licensure program is compliant with all requirements per Minnesota Administrative Rule, 3512, Licensure of School Personnel.
Cohort Learning Groups Offer
- Initial competency assessments for each cohort member in the area of licensure or degree
- A "learning community" experience throughout the program to foster engaged learning among cohort members and MSU faculty
- A planned schedule of coursework with a defined beginning and ending date.
Program format and schedule
A suggested program schedule will be structured to meet the needs of the cohort members. Modifications of this suggested schedule can occur based on the cohort group.
Instructional strategies and schedule will consist of onsite learning and the use of technology. Technology methods may involve discussion boards, chat rooms, email and video.
Current Cohort Plans of Study For Specialist Degree with Licensure:
COHORTS IN PROGRESS (Please refresh your browser prior to selecting links):
- Plan 32 (Fall 2017 - Spring 2019)
- Plan 33 (Spring 2018 - Summer 2019)
- Plan 34 (Summer 2018 - Fall 2019)
- Plan 35 (Fall 2018 - Spring 2020)
COHORTS FORMING NOW (Please refresh your browser prior to selecting links):
- Plan 36 (Spring 2019 - Summer 2020)
- Plan 37 (Summer 2019 - Fall 2020)
- Plan 38 (Fall 2020 - Spring 2021)
For information on a cohort, contact:
Specialist Program/Licensing Coordinator
Dr. Jinger Gustafson:
Note: Dr. Gustafson's office is located at 7700 France Ave., Edina, MN
- Class registration deadlines: http://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/dates.html
- Specialist in Educational Leadership admission information
- NEED MORE INFORMATION? How to Apply and Enroll in the Specialist Program