Second or Additional LicensurePage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/edleadership/secondlicensure.html
Second or Additional Administrative Licensure
K–12 Principal, Special Education Director, Community Education Director, or an extension to K–12 by a currently licensed (elementary) or (secondary) principal can be obtained through a second administrative license.
- Must meet the required coursework for the program pursued. Make an appointment with the Licensing Coordinator for an advisement session, and bring copies of all graduate transcripts and state licenses.
Seeking Superintendent as a Second or Additional Administrative License:
- Details About the Superintendent Cohort Opportunity
- For questions about this cohort, contact Dr. Melissa Krull, phone 952-818-8864.
Ready to join the Aspiring Superintendent cohort?
- Apply for admission as non-degree seeking to the College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Apply for Aspiring Superintendent Licensure Program (Fall 2016-Summer 2017)
- Superintendent Internship Supervisor Proposal form
- Detailed Steps for Superintendent Cohort (refer to this document throughout your program)
Once you have been accepted to the cohort, a course application is required to obtain permission to register for each semester of the program. The application forms are available at: http://ed.mnsu.edu/edleadership/speciallicense.html
About Teaching Licensure:
The Department of Educational Leadership does not offer any programs for teaching licensure. For information about teaching licensure, please refer to this page under the College of Education to find the contact information of the appropriate department.