Page address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/eec/programs/ee/normdesc.html
A Unique Opportunity
- A group composed of your peers working cooperatively to achieve similar goals
- An immersion experience in culturally diverse settings
- A full-time commitment of four semesters to obtain a B.S.T. degree in Elementary Education and teaching licensure
- Field experiences in elementary schools
- An academic package designed to satisfy licensure requirements for K-6
- On-site Coordinator at Normandale Community College
- Performance-based assessment and learning (Coursework)
- Experience gained in diverse elementary student populations
- Limited enrollment to insure space in class
How does this work?
- A Learning Community formed of students with shared interests
- Coursework offered at Normandale Community College
- Intensive student teaching experiences in a variety of urban schools
- School-site seminars conducted in collaboration with K-6 educators
- Exceptional cooperating schools selected for student teaching experience
When are courses offered?
- Monday through Thursday (morning or afternoon)
- Friday morning class times
- Full-time programs of course work
How often do students in the program work in schools for Field Experiences?
- Work in the elementary school four hours per day Monday through Friday
- Three-four weeks consecutively during the middle of the term
- Field experiences each semester of program
How long is the Student Teaching Experience?
- Full-time teaching in the elementary schools
- Full-semester commitment
Program of Study