Page address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/eec/programs/ee/normdesc.html
A Unique Opportunity
- A group composed of your peers working cooperatively to achieve similar goals
- An immersion experience in culturally diverse settings
- A full-time commitment of four semesters to obtain a B.S.T. degree in Elementary Education and teaching licensure
- Field experiences in elementary schools
- An academic package designed to satisfy licensure requirements for K-6
- On-site Coordinator at Normandale Community College
- Performance-based assessment and learning (Coursework)
- Experience gained in diverse elementary student populations
- Limited enrollment to insure space in class
How does this work?
- A Learning Community formed of students with shared interests
- Coursework offered at Normandale Community College
- Intensive student teaching experiences in a variety of urban schools
- School-site seminars conducted in collaboration with K-6 educators
- Exceptional cooperating schools selected for student teaching experience
When are courses offered?
- Full-time face-to-face courses that meet during the day
How often do students in the program work in schools for Field Experiences?
- Work in the elementary school Monday through Friday
- Four-Five weeks consecutively during the semester in Blocks 1 and 2
How long is the Student Teaching Experience?
- Full-time teaching in the elementary schools
- Year long placements
- Student Teaching 1- Student teaching while concurrently completing coursework
- Student Teaching 2- Student teaching and submission of the edTPA
Program of Study