Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam TestingPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/eec/programs/licensure/MTLE.html
To receive the Minnesota K-12 Reading Licensure, all applicants must pass the MTLE Elements: Reading Teacher (Grades K–12) . The test is offered through Pearson Education, Inc. The tests are given regularly by computer at Pearson Professional Centers.
For specific information about the Reading Teacher test click here. This site contains general test-taking strategies related to test structure and preparation. An overview of content as well as sample test items can also be found at this site.
- Carefully review the list of topics and subtopics from the MTLE website for the test.
- This test is aligned very closely to the state standards.
- As part of the preparation, studying these text listed below would be helpful.
- Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell. Teaching for comprehending and fluency K-8. Heinemann.
- Marjorie Y. Lipson and Karen K. Wixson. Assessment & Instruction of Reading and Writing Difficulty: An Interactive Approach, 4/E. Boston: Allyn & Bacon. 2009. OR the 5/E Boston: Allyn & Bacon. 2013
- Additional resources that align to the test are available in EEC 625 and EEC 661.
- Students should plan to take the MTLE exam towards the end of their licensure coursework.
Resources to prepare for the test can be found at:
Note: Praxis exam scores are no longer being used by the Board of Teaching to obtain the Reading teacher licensure endorsement.
General information about the MTLE, test locations, and testing windows is available at http://ed.mnsu.edu/advising/praxis2.html.
Further information on licensure testing may be found at http://ed.mnsu.edu/advising/geninfo.html.
For further questions regarding registration, contact College of Education Academic Advising Office,
Armstrong Hall 117, 507-389-1215.