Admission ProcessPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/eec/programs/licensure/admission.html
Admission to the College of Education’s Reading Licensure Program can be done as a certificate program or as part of a Master’s program. Listed below are the steps required by Minnesota State University, Mankato and the College of Education. If you have questions about which option is best for you, please contact the coordinator of the program, Dr. Maureen Prenn at 507-389-5447 or email@example.com.
Reading Licensure certificate or Masters of Science in Reading:
- Copy of current licensure
- Completed Application for Graduate Study. Please note that this is a two page application. Page two must be submitted in duplicate. An online application is also available
- Two official transcripts from the degree–granting institution(s)
- Completed immunization form.
- Evidence of 2.75 GPA or a GRE score of 500 (minimum) on one or more portions of the exam.
- Payment of $40 fee to the College of Graduate Studies & Research.
- Letter addressed to coordinator of graduate programs stating interest for admission.
- Two Recommendation Forms addressing the professional competence of interested candidates from school administrator and a colleague familiar with your work with learners .
Please note: Following admission to the program you may want to fill out a Plan of Studyto help organize your coursework.
Information about admission to the College of Graduate Studies and Research may be obtained at grad.mnsu.edu/applying/
If you wish to take one course only, you should apply as a non degree seeking student. We would like to inform that we would offer just one course under this category.
Please contact Graduate School Admissions Officer Jennifer Chelstrom at 507-389-2697, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.