Textbooks for this ProgramPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/eec/textbooksneeded.html
We use actual textbooks for the courses along with online videos and other online resources. Students can either order the textbooks from the Barnes and Noble bookstore on campus (507.389.1649) or purchase the texts from Amazon.
EEC 610 Scholarly Writing
- Machi and McEvoy. The Literature Review. Corwin Press. ISBN-10: 1452240884 | ISBN-13: 978-1452240886 | Second edition.
EEC 613 Implementing Response to Intervention
- Richard L. Allington. What Really Matters in Response To Intervention. Pearson /Allyn & Bacon, 2009. ISBN – 13: 978-0-205-62754-7
EEC 619 Reading Assessment and Diagnosis
- Marjorie Y. Lipson and Karen K. Wixson. Assessment & Instruction of Reading and Writing Difficulty: An Interactive Approach, 5/E. Boston: Allyn & Bacon. 2013.
- Lauren Leslie and JoAnne Caldwell. Qualitative Reading Inventory - 5. Pearson, 2011.
EEC 620 Effective Reading for Content Areas
- No textbooks required
EEC 625 Instructional Strategies and Remediation
- JoAnne Schudt Caldwell and Lauren Leslie. Intervention Strategies 3/E. Pearson /Allyn & Bacon, 2013.
EEC 626 Preparing All Students to Read
- Patricia Cunningham. Phonics they use: Words for reading and Writing 7e. Pearson.
- Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell. Teaching for comprehending and fluency K-8. Heinemann.
- Patricia Cunningham What Really Matters in Vocabulary: Research-based Practices across the Curriculum, 2nd e.. Pearson.
EEC 628 Teaching Writing in Elementary School
- Tompkins, Gail. (2012). Teaching writing: Balancing process and product 6e. Pearson.
EEC 635 Analysis of Research in Reading
- Kamil, M., Pearson, P.D., Moje, E., and Afflerbach, P. (2010). Handbook of reading research (Volume IV). Routledge.