Global/Unique Student Teaching OpportunitiesPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/field/global-teaching.html
Set yourself apart, expand your horizons and your lived experience.
The Office of Field and International Experience has partnerships with the Aldine, Texas school district as well as with a English immersion school in San Jose, Costa Rica. Teacher candidates have the opportunity to apply to student teach in either of these locations.
The Costa Rica experience:
- Five to six weeks of student teaching in an English immersion school in San Jose
- Candidates student teach in August/September or March/April
- A full week of Spanish language lessons as well as additional lessons throughout the experience
- A service-learning component in Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- Final costs are based on the number of participants and placement locations
- Scholarships are available for qualified and accepted participants
The Aldine, Texas experience:
- Candidates spend their entire semester in the Adline Independent School District; a large, diverse, urban school district in Houston, Texas
- Students pay for rent ($300 - $500 based on number of roommates), utilities, gas, tolls, internet, and provide their own transportation to and from Aldine
- Information about the Aldine School District
- Selection is based on academic and field experience, written narrative and interview
- Recommendations from program faculty
Interested in learning more?
Contact Elizabeth Finsness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Field and International Experience
119 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001