M.S. in Educational TechnologyPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/ksp/edtech/
The MSU Mankato's 100% fully online Master of Science degree in Educational Technology responds to the growing needs of P-14 education, business, and industry by providing instruction and design for the digital environment.
Program emphasis includes educational technology integration in the classroom, gamification of learning, instructional design for education, leadership for technology, and instruction for distance and blended learning.
After completing the MSET program, graduates utilize the skills and knowledge needed for enhanced technology integration into their pedagogy. Many graduates move into school and district level technologists positions, saving the institutions on the high costs of hiring outside experts for technology trainings; others become technology leaders in their subject matter.
- Graduates possess superior skills and confidence as teachers integrating elearning strategies into their traditional, hybrid, and online classrooms.
- Graduates are experienced online elearners who utilize interactive multimedia (visual and auditory presence) to increase and enhance student interactions.
- Gradautes customize their courses and learning event products to meet the needs of their learning environments (classroom, school, and district), and more importantly, to meet the learning styles of their students.
- Gradautes participate in professional mentoring from university faculty to document increases in student learning, technology integration, responsiveness to diversity, critical thinking skills, and academic research and writing.
- Graduates effectively engage in Professional Learning Communities
- Graduates are able to complete the program at a pace that aligns with their financial resources and professional workload.
All program courses are aligned with the standards of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and the Board of Teaching (BOT). The Master of Science in Educational Technology is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE/CAEP).
What Our Students Say About the Program
"The MSET program at Minnesota State University, Mankato has changed the way I view my own learning, and my students' learning. As a busy wife, teacher, and mom of two young children, I needed a flexible graduate program that I could work into my already busy schedule. By the end of my first course, I was rethinking my pedagogy and creating useful digital products to use in my classroom. My favorite part of the MSET program has been the relationships I've formed with my classmates and professors. Everyone is willing to share ideas, ask questions, and learn from one another in a completely asynchronous environment."
--Tara Boogerd, Technologist
“MNSU's Educational Technology program has been a great experience. The coursework has prepared me for the future while providing practical tools to meet the needs of 21st Century Learners! Blogs, wiki's, avatars, cell phone classroom response systems...free applications galore! After 20 years in education, I didn't think I could get this excited about educational change!”
"The MSET program has been an unbelievable experience. When I was looking for a Masters program, I wanted one that would challenge me to become a better educator. This program delivered! From day one, the courses have pushed me to reevaluate my role as a teacher. They have given me knowledge and skills that helped reshape my pedagogy as I work with 21st century learners. The asynchronous online courses help to meet the needs of my demanding schedule."
--Cory Pauling,HS Social Studies Teacher