Applying for Single Courses
Applying for a Degree
Applying for an Initial Teaching License - (This link will take you to the GTL program webpage)
[PDF] Developing a Plan of Study (91 KiB)
Retention in the Program
STOP! If you do not yet have a teaching license and want to get a license in Library Media, go to the Graduate Teaching Licensure Program for instructions on how to apply.
|I Want To Give It A Try! (Non-
Degree Seeking Graduate Student)
|I’m Ready To Work On Media
Licensure and I Already Have my
Teaching License (Formally Apply to
the Master of Science in Library Media)
- Take a single course or complete a certificate.
- Take up to 10 credits as a non-degree seeking student before applying for admission as a degree seeking student.
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study to the College of Graduate Studies and Research as a non-degree seeking student. Make sure to check the box on the second page of the application that indicates non-degree seeking status.
- Information on application requirements is located at http://grad.mnsu.edu/applying/. Applications are accepted for any term or summer session.
- Submit complete application files a minimum of one month before the term of anticipated entry. International students should complete their files and applications three months before the term or session of anticipated enrollment.
- Submit the following to the College of Graduate Studies and Research:
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study. Verification of pending BS or BA degree from a regionally accredited college or university if BS or BA degree has not been completed is required.
- Two official transcripts listing undergraduate/ graduate degree(s) should be sent directly from the degree granting institution to the College of Graduate Studies and Research (including MSU students, undergraduates, faculty, and staff)
- Attainment of a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in your undergraduate study is required
- Any additional information required for international students, if appropriate.
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly to the KSP Department (Attn: SLIS Coordinator, AH 313, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN 56001). If your GPA is below 3.0 one letter of recommendation must be completed by your immediate supervisor.
- The College of Graduate Studies and Research will forward your file to the Department of Educational Studies: K-12 and Secondary Programs for admission recommendation and assignment of an advisor.
- Consult with your advisor to develop a plan of study as soon as possible (but prior to completing three courses). Email or mail the plan of study to your advisor. [PDF] Click here for the Plan of Study form. (91 KiB)
You must complete a minimum of 50% of all graduate credits at the 600 level, excluding thesis or APP credits and maintain a grade point average of "B" or above in all coursework. If you receive a “C” in any course, you will receive a letter warning you about your academic progress from the School of Graduate Studies and Research. You must complete your graduate program by the end of the sixth year following application.
Why Minnesota State Mankato?