|I Want To Give It A Try!
(Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student)
|I’m Ready To Work On A Master’s Degree
(Formally Apply to the Master of Science in Teaching and Learning Program)
- Take a single course or complete a certificate.
- Take up to 9 credits as a non-degree seeking student before applying for admission as a degree seeking student.
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study and choose the "non-degree seeking student" option. Make sure to check the box on the second page of the application that indicates non-degree seeking status.
- Information on application requirements is located at http://grad.mnsu.edu/applying/. Applications are accepted for any term or summer session.
- Submit complete application files a minimum of one month before the term of anticipated entry. International students should complete their files and applications three months before the term or session of anticipated enrollment.
- Submit the following to the College of Graduate Studies and Research:
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study. Verification of pending BS or BA degree from a regionally accredited college or university if BS or BA degree has not been completed is required.
- Two official transcripts listing undergraduate/ graduate degree(s) should be sent directly from the degree granting institution to the College of Graduate Studies and Research (including MSU students, undergraduates, faculty, and staff)
- Attainment of a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in your undergraduate study is required
- Any additional information required for international students, if appropriate.
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly to the KSP Department (Attn: MSTL Coordinator, AH313, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 56001). If your GPA is below 3.0 one letter of recommendation must be completed by your immediate supervisor.
- The College of Graduate Studies and Research will forward your file to the Department of Educational Studies: K-12 and Secondary Programs for admission recommendation and assignment of an advisor.
- Consult with your advisor to develop a plan of study as soon as possible (but prior to completing three courses). Email or mail the plan of study to your advisor. [PDF] Plan of study form (129 KiB).
You must complete a minimum of 50% of all graduate credits at the 600 level, excluding thesis or APP credits and maintain a grade point average of "B" or above in all coursework. If you receive a “C” in any course, you will receive a letter warning you about your academic progress from the School of Graduate Studies and Research. You must complete your graduate program by the end of the sixth year following application.
Why Minnesota State Mankato?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Opportunities for Excellence