One Stop AdvisingPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/ksp/ugrad/onestop.html
Here are the steps to complete the KSP program at Minnesota State University
Print out a student-created worksheet to track your progress in the program here.
Click on each step for more information
Students are expected to meet the basic technical standards throughout the program to be able to move forward in the KSP Program. The standards are available at: http://ed.mnsu.edu/professionaled/policies/techstandards.html
|Phase||General Education||Content Areas||Professional Education|
|Year||Freshman & Sophomore||Freshman – Junior||Junior & Senior|
|Credits (120 total)||44 credits||46 credits||30 credits|
Students have the opportunity to select from a broad array of general education courses to satisfy their interests, program, and professional needs.
Students majoring in 5-12 and K-12 education must demonstrate competencies in the arts, communications, history, literature, mathematics, philosophy, sciences, social sciences, and multicultural and global perspectives.
They must also demonstrate competency in health related issues, including drug use and misuse. Students should visit with the College of Education Student Relations Coordinator for assistance in selecting general education coursework to meet these competencies.
Level 1 Requirements
KSP 220W Gold: Human Relations in a Multicultural Society (3)
This is a general education course that fulfills categories 7 and 8, writing intensive, and gold. This is also your gateway into public education.
KSP 222: Introduction to the Learner and Learning (2)
KSP 202: Technology Integration in the Classroom (2)
Admission to Professional Education is Required Prior to the start of KSP Level 2
Students can get licensed in any of the following areas.
|K-12 Licensure Areas||5-12 Licensure Content Areas|
All students working toward a 5-12 or K-12 teaching degree must be admitted to Professional Education. Application to professional education should be made when the following requirements have been met:
- a minimum of 32 of 44 earned semester credit hours
- a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- evidence of completion of the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE)
A multifaceted Professional Education application exists. Students are required to attend a Professional Education Application Process Session. Please consult the office of Academic Advising for application and deadlines.Academic Advising Office
Mymique Baxter, Student Relations Coordinator
117 Armstrong Hall
Level 2 Requirements
* Students who wish to register for KSP 330 must complete and turn in a Permission Request form found in the KSP office at AH318. Note: current unofficial transcript is required.
KSP 330: Planning, Instruction and Evaluation in the Classroom (5)
Level 3 Requirements
* Students who wish to register for the level 3 classes must complete and turn in a Permission Request form found in the KSP office at AH318. Note: current unofficial transcript is required.
KSP 440: Creating learning Environments to Engage Students, Families, and Communities (3)
KSP 442: Reading, Literacy, and Differentiated Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom (3)
Level 4: Student Teaching
* Students who wish to register for the level 4 classes must complete and turn in a Permission Request form found in the KSP office at AH318. Note: current unofficial transcript is required.
KSP 464: Professional Seminar (1)
For 5-12 Majors: KSP 477: 5-12 Student Teaching (11)
For K-12 Majors: KSP 476: K-12 Student Teaching (11)
KSP 482 Student Teaching (6)