Add-on LicensurePage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/licensure/addon_licensure.html
You must first determine that you are ready to apply.
- In order to qualify for licensure your degree has to be officially awarded. This typically takes 2-3 weeks after graduation.This is processed by the Registrar's Office.
- You must have taken all of your licensure exams that correspond with your licensure. You must wait until you receive you Official Score report, whether you pass or fail. If you have more questions about your licensure exams please go to our MTLE webpage or see our FAQ: MTLE Questions.
Step By Step for Add-On Licensure
- Go to the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board website
- You will then mail all hardcopy documents (see list of documents below for complete list):
College of Education Dean's Office
118 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
List Of Documents: All these items must be sent together to the Teacher Licensure Official.
Do NOT Staple Documents Together
- Your application for Addition to a Minnesota Education Licensure Application. Comes from PELSB website.
- Payment (refer to the front page of your application for details).
- Course Check Off List complete for your specific teaching field. Follow directions on webpage.
- Official transcripts from any other university if you took any of the courses listed on the Course Check Off List some where other than MNSU IF you haven't submitted it to PELSB with your pervious licensure. MNSU may need to see an unofficial transcript if we do not have one in our records.
For Graduate Teacher Licensure Candidates (GTL) we will need everything listed above in addition to the following:
- You must also submit a copy of your final Plan of Study
- You will need to submit an Official Transcript of your Undergrad Degree if it was somewhere other than MNSU IF PELSB has not recieved a copy with your previous licensure. You submit it in a sealed envelope