Application ProcessPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/licensure/firsttime_licensure.html
Note due to the high volumes of applications we will NOT be able to give updates. Make sure to check your PELSB account for updates.
You must first determine that you are ready to apply.
- In order to qualify for licensure your degree has to be officially awarded or you have completed your program. Transcripts are processed by the Registrar's Office. Direct all questions about your degree/grade posting to their office.
- You must have taken all of your licensure exams that correspond with your licensure. You must wait until you receive your Official Score report, whether you pass or fail.
Next you will need to determine if you qualify for a Tier 2 or Tier 3. These are the only tiers processed through the University. We also process some Tier 4 when applicable.
- Go to the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board website.
- You will need to read through their descriptions to determine what you will qualify for.
- You will then mail all hardcopy documents (see list of documents below for complete list) to:
College of Education Dean's Office
118 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
List Of Documents: All these items must be sent together to the Teacher Licensure Official.
Do NOT Staple any Documents Together
- Application. Comes from the PELSB website.
- Payment (refer to the front page of your application for details)
- Fingerprint Card - for those who are applying for their first licensure.
- We may request Official transcripts from your coursework from another University. We will contact you if this is needed. Visit our FAQ webpage for additional questions about transcripts.
- Attach a note that includes:
You will NOT need to submit transcripts from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
For Graduate Teacher Licensure Candidates (GTL) we will need everything listed above in addition to the following:
- You must also submit a copy of your final Plan of Study. Example
- You will need to submit a sealed Official Transcript of your Undergrad Degree if it was somewhere other than MNSU.