Minnesota Teacher Licensure ExamPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/professionaled/mtle.html
Announcement: testing for initial licensure candidates
The Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board has initiated the redevelopment of the Minnesota teacher licensure tests. As of September 1, 2010, Pearson Evaluation Systems became the statewide test provider; assessing the basic skills, pedagogical, and subject area knowledge of Minnesota K–12 teacher candidates. These Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE) are fully aligned with state Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board rules and standards and contain the new reading, Standards of Effective Practice (SEPs) and technology standards.
- Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board Releases FAQ Regarding New Testing Program and Requirements
- MTLE test registration are now available for test dates
- Preparation materials available for every test in the MTLE program
Note: As of September 1, 2010 all teacher candidates are required to take the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE) Basic skills, Pedagogical, and Subject area exams offered through Pearson Evaluation System. Although you will be tested over the new standards, these new standards will not count against our teacher candidates between September 1, 2010 to February 1, 2012.
- For any student graduating before September 1, 2010, a passing scores on the Praxis II (Content and Pedagogy) will be recognized until August 31, 2012 and a passing scores on the Praxis I (PPST) will be recognized until December 31, 2015 for all students.
- For any student graduating after September 1, 2010, a passing scores on the Praxis I and II (PPST, Content and Pedagogy) will be recognized until December 31, 2015.
Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam
Questions About MTLE Examination:
Questions about registration procedures please contact: Jill Ryan at 507-389-1215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.