Professional EducationPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/professionaled/professionaled.html
Candidates seeking initial licensure in Professional Education will need to work with two offices within the College of Education; the Office of Academic Advising and the Office of Field and International Experiences.
The Office of Academic Advising provides information for candidates and faculty on professional standards, assessments and policies and procedures. Located at this site are links to COE standards and a listing of relevant policies and procedures, information on the Minnesota Board of Teaching requirements, and Minnesota standards and national standards (CAEP) for education programs.
- Applying for Professional Education through SIMS
- Fall Application Checklist (with course requirement)
- Obtaining Professional Liability Insurance
- Registering for My Writing Lab
- Registering for the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE)
- Spring Application Checklist (with course requirement)
Jill L Ryan