Program OverviewPage address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/progoverview.html
The College of Education at Minnesota State Mankato
Classrooms are filled with more than students and teachers. They’re filled with futures.
The College of Education at Minnesota State-Mankato, a CAEP Accredited college, takes responsibility for helping those futures to flourish – the futures of students and of educators.
Prepared today for tomorrow’s demands, our graduates enter schools ready to embrace a diverse and changing society with a principled, experienced and enthusiastic approach to education.
The College of Education serves educators and school leaders throughout their careers with outstanding programs for individual growth, staff development, and mentoring. As a college we work hard to ensure that education professionals remain up to date, effective and encouraged in their vital roles. Some of our most well-known resources include:
- Customized professional development to meet unique needs of educators and districts
- Award-winning training and technical support for mentors and induction systems through the Center for Mentoring and Induction
- Comprehensive leadership development opportunities for all levels of leadership…emerging, seasoned, and exemplary, through the Center for Engaged Leadership
We also embrace the responsibility of student success – success that builds healthy individuals, stronger communities, and better schools. At Minnesota State Mankato that responsibility is embedded in our teaching, our research and our working relationships with area schools.
Some examples of those relationships include:
- Nationally recognized Center for School University Partnerships governance and programs
- Bush Initiative to improve teaching, teacher recruitment, and teacher retention
- NExT(Network for Excellence in Teaching)
Here on campus, the College serves as a unique source of news, data and research focused on helping working teachers and decision-makers in school districts.