Andrew Johnson, Ph.D.
Page address: http://ed.mnsu.edu/sped/faculty/johnson.html
[PDF] Vita (58 KiB)
Research and Academic Interests
- Reading instruction for students with moderate to severe reading difficulties
- Literacy instruction for children and adults with intellectual disabilities
- Holistic education
- Action research
- Thinking skills
- Educational psychology
- Writing instruction
Books by Dr. Andrew Johnson
- Johnson, A. (2016). Academic writing: Process and product. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Johnson, A. (2016). 10 essential instruction elements for students with reading difficulties: A brain friendly approach. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin
- Johnson, A. (2013). A Short guide to educational psychology for teachers book 1: Theories of learning and human development. El Cajon, CA: National Social Science Press.
- Johnson, A. (2012). A short guide to action research (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Johnson, A. (2009). Making connections in elementary and middle school social studies (2nd ed). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sages.
- Johnson, A. (2008). Teaching Reading and Writing: Research-based strategies for teachers, tutors, parents, and paraprofessionals. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Johnson, A. (2007). The inner curriculum: Classroom activities to develop emotional intelligence. Unionville, NY: Royal Fireworks Press.
- Johnson, A. (2003). El desarrollo de las habilidades de pensamiento. Buenos Aires, Argentina: Editorial Troquel S.A.
- Johnson, A. (2003). A short guide to academic writing. Lanham, MD: University Press of America.
- Johnson, A. (2002). What every teacher should know about action research. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Johnson, A. (2001). Up and out: Using thinking skills to enhance learning. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn and Bacon.