Preparing for Graduation in the College of Education
You should begin your graduation preparation when you reach 90 total credits - typically this is one year before your anticipated graduation date. Once you reach 90 or more total credits (or one year from graduation) take the following steps:
1. Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss:
- Which major requirements you have remaining
- When you can take those remaining requirements
2. Meet with the College of Education Advising Office to discuss:
- Broad degree requirements (120 total credits, 40 upper-level, 2.0 local Minnesota State Mankato and overall GPA, Diverse Cultures, Writing Intensive)
- General Education requirements
3. Complete a Graduation Application. The deadlines for the graduation application are listed here.
4. Register for the Commencement Ceremony (if desired). Follow the steps list on the Graduation Services website for Preparing for Graduation.
5. Meet with the Career Development Center to start your job search. They can support you with:
- How and where to search for jobs in your field
- How to apply for jobs, create a resume and write cover letters
- How to prepare for interviews
6. Complete your Financial Aid Exit Interview if you received Federal Loans
7. Contact the COE Advising Office if you have any questions about the graduation process broadly, or if you have specific questions about your graduation evaluation.