M.S. in Educational TechnologyPage address: https://ed.mnsu.edu/ksp/edtech/
The Education Technology program at Minnesota State University, Mankato has recently been ranked by the Best Master's in Educational Technology Degrees and Top Master's in Education for the Best Master's in Educational Technology Degrees, with 2017 rankings of Top 8 and Top 11 nationwide.
Additionally, The Education Technology program ranks Top 15 as the most Affordable Instructional Technology Degree programs nationwide.
The MSU Mankato's Education Technology program is 100% online. It offers comprehensive and flexible curriculum, instruction, and learner support to meet the increasing demands for educators, integrationists, designers, and leaders in educational technology.
We offer Master of Science degree in Education Technology and graduate certificates in the following areas:
- Educational Technology in the Classroom
- Instructional Technology and Design
- Digital Educator
- Computer, Keyboard and Related Technology
[NEW] We have recently added a new component to the Educational Technology program - an add-on license in Computer, Keyboarding, and Related Technology (8710.4525), officially approved by Minnesota Board of Teaching!
- If you have a MN teaching license, you are eligible to apply for an add-on license in Computer, Keyboarding, and Related Technology (8710.4525) after successfully passing the required licensure exam(s) and completing all of the following courses through our Ed Tech program: KSP 689 (3 credits), KSP 619 (3 credits), KSP 639 (3 credits), and KSP 662 (1 credit).
After completing the MSET program, graduates contribute their knowledge, skills, and experiences in educational technology to various organizations, including P-12 schools, post-secondary institutions, as well as business and industry.
- At P-12 levels, many MSET graduates move into technology integrationist positions, saving the schools and districts on the high costs of hiring outside experts for technology training and implementation. Many become technology educators and teaching innovators in their subject matters.
- At post-secondary institutions, MSET graduates become designers and leaders in online/blended instruction, implementing technology tools and integration models effectively to support adult learners.
- At business and industry organizations, MSET graduates work as elearning experts and managers to lead programs and departments for product design and employee training and development.
Following the links below to learn more about the MSET program:
What Our Students Say About the MSET Program
Tara Boogerd, Technologist
- "The MSET program at Minnesota State University, Mankato has changed the way I view my own learning, and my students' learning. As a busy wife, teacher, and mom of two young children, I needed a flexible graduate program that I could work into my already busy schedule. By the end of my first course, I was rethinking my pedagogy and creating useful digital products to use in my classroom. My favorite part of the MSET program has been the relationships I've formed with my classmates and professors. Everyone is willing to share ideas, ask questions, and learn from one another in a completely asynchronous environment."
Scott Tiedens, Teacher
- “MNSU's Educational Technology program has been a great experience. The coursework has prepared me for the future while providing practical tools to meet the needs of 21st Century Learners! Blogs, wiki's, avatars, cell phone classroom response systems...free applications galore! After 20 years in education, I didn't think I could get this excited about educational change!”
Cory Pauling, Teacher
- "The MSET program has been an unbelievable experience. When I was looking for a Masters program, I wanted one that would challenge me to become a better educator. This program delivered! From day one, the courses have pushed me to reevaluate my role as a teacher. They have given me knowledge and skills that helped reshape my pedagogy as I work with 21st century learners. The asynchronous online courses help to meet the needs of my demanding schedule."