Melissa Allen, Teaching Staff
Preschool I Lead Teacher
Educational Background, Credentials, and Professional Affiliations:
- B.S. Elementary Education with a specialty in pre primary education in 2002 from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Teaching license 3 years old to 6th grade
- First aid and CPR certified (infant-adult)
- Trained in SIDS, shaken baby, and safe sleep
- Member of the National Association of the Education of Young Children
- Elementary teacher, Mankato MN
- Elementary teacher, Madison Lake, MN
- Preschool Teacher, North Mankato, MN
The opportunity to join a team of amazing staff has been a blessing for me. The love for "play" and to teach the importance of "play" in early childhood was very clear when walking through these doors. I am happy I can work in an environment where "play" is the center of our day and I can teach children communication, life skills, self help skills, and problem solving skills while we play! I enjoy working with young children and families. They always bring a smile to my face. I love the look of curiosity and excitement that I see on their faces as we explore new topics, read new books, and play games. One of my favorites spots with the children is our garden where we grow and eat many vegetables each year.
I also enjoy getting to know the college students that I have working with me.
Started at The Children’s House Early Learning Center: 2008