The Master of Science in Elementary Education program is an asynchronous online program.
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions. A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution, or an equivalent degree from a recognized college or university in another country, is required.
- 2.75 GPA or above is required for immediate consideration of your application. If your GPA is less than 2.75, your application will require special review. In this situation, an Extenuating Circumstances statement may be required.
- Resume or CV. Tailor your resume or CV to highlight your experiences and achievements working with children and youth.
- Letters of recommendation. Two letters of recommendation from those who can speak to your experience working with children or youth, or who can vouch for your commitment to educational equity.
- Extenuating circumstances statement (optional). While this is not required, if your GPA is below 2.75 or if there is something on your transcript that does not accurately reflect who you are as a student, please write no more than 500 words documenting unusual circumstances or hardships you have faced and the ways in which you have overcome or responded to them.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- Minimum TOEFL iBT scores of 61 or IELTS band score of 5.5.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.