College of Education Strategic Plan
To inspire lifelong learning and professional engagement through racial consciousness, social justice, and inclusion within a global context.
To prepare professionals through research and evidence-based practices who demonstrate excellence in their profession.
Minnesota State University, Mankato is an innovative, student-centered learning community that values:
- Integrity and respect in the way we conduct ourselves;
- Diversity in who we are and what we do;
- Access to our programs and services that create opportunities for all to pursue their dreams;
- Responsibility to those we serve by providing an education that inspires solutions to society's challenges; and
- Excellence in our academic and non-academic pursuits.
The College of Education has identified a set of professional educator characteristics:
- Innovative: Critical Thinker, Data-based Decision-maker, Life-long learner
- Effective: Competent, Reflective, 21st Century Educator
- Collaborative: Communicator, Interdisciplinary, Teacher Leader
- Relevant: Understands students, Culturally Responsive, Versatile
- Inform decision-making through intentional integration of student needs and student development.
- Increase the ability to practice racial equity among faculty, staff, students, and partners by examining existing systems and structures.
- Provide infrastructure and resources to achieve excellence in advising, teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Use assessments, data, and research to support decisions and initiatives for program development and accreditation.
- Expand opportunities for students, faculty and partners to address social justice through engagement with local, regional, national, and international communities.