ages 16 - 35 months
While in the Toddler Room, children ages 16-35 months are encouraged to develop their independence, while we keep in mind each individual's varying time schedule and needs. The equipment we have encourages the children's emerging independence. The staff, routine and environment all promote your children's independence and growth. Children are encouraged to develop language through conversations at mealtimes, circle times and with each other when disagreements arise. Biting, pushing and scratching may occur. Children are encouraged to "use words" and to give gentle touches as the means of acceptable communication.
The Toddler Room is licensed for 21 toddlers with a ratio of 1 staff person to 5 children.
Toddler Room Schedule
- 7:30-8:20 Open play, sensory table, small manipulatives, easels and exploration
- 8:15-8:20 Transition to breakfast, includes washing hands
- 8:20-8:50 Breakfast
- 8:40-9:15 As individual children finish with breakfast, divide into small groups for open play*
- 9:15-9:30 . Large Group Circle Time – includes, but is not limited to songs, stories/books, music, finger plays, flannel board songs/stories, and dancing or other large body movements
- 9:30-10:30 “Activity Time” – includes but is not limited to art experiences, small manipulatives and fine motor exploration, sensory and science discovery, dramatic play experiences, block play, in house field trips, and campus walks in small groups
- 10:30-11:00 Large motor experiences and outdoor activities (weather permitting)
- 11:00-11:05 Transition to lunch. Children wash and get settled at the table
- 11:05-11:45 Lunch
- 11:30-2:15 . Naptime and quiet activities or outside (weather permitting)
- 2:10-2:25 . Large Group Circle Time – includes but is not limited to stories/books, music, finger plays, flannel board songs/stories, and dancing or other large body movements
- 2:25-2:30 Transition to snack, includes washing hands
- 2:30-3:15 PM snack
- 3:15-4:00 Divide into small groups, open play*
- 4:00-4:30 “Activity Time” – Same as above
- 4:30-5:30 Outside (weather permitting) or open play and exploration. Clean up.