Scholarships and Grants in the College of Education
More than $230,000 will be awarded to College of Education students for the 2019-2020 school year!
Thanks to our many generous donors, the College of Education offers a combination of merit, academic and need based scholarships each year to deserving students. We encourage all College of Education students to apply.
The scholarship application window is open from February 1- February 28 each year.
- Go to the online Scholarship Finder (Do not skip step 6)
- Click the “Sign In” button in the top right corner.
- Sign in using your Star ID and password.
(Please know that many questions have helpful tips - just hold the cursor over the information button.)
- Complete the General Application. Be sure to answer all questions that apply to you, upload your DARS and click the “Finish and Submit” button when you are done.
- You will then see the College of Education. You must complete the COE application questions to be considered for COE scholarships.
- Click the green circled arrow. If you are eligible to apply for any additional scholarships, they will be recommended below. (You will apply for each recommended scholarship individually as they have additional questions.)
Federal TEACH Grant
Congress created the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant Program (TEACH) to provide grants of up to $4,000.00 per year for students who plan to teach in designated math, science, special education, language, and other high-need subject fields. Undergraduate students are not eligible for the TEACH Grant until after they have been admitted into Professional Education (this typically will be your junior year).
Please note: Elementary Education majors do not qualify for the TEACH Grant.