Admission to Professional Education
Students seeking admission to block/level education courses are required to be admitted to Professional Education. Admission to major and admission to Professional Education can happen simultaneously. Admission to Professional Education requires students to meet the requirements for admission into their major and:
- Completion of or registration for Basic Skills Examination
- Completion of National Criminal Background Check
- Proof of professional liability insurance
Students will apply for admission into Professional Education through the Student Information Management System (SIMS) by logging in with their STAR ID and password.
Please note that the Professional Education application process will be completed during an Orientation to Professional Education session in your class.
Admission into Professional Education does not guarantee that you will be admitted into your respective blocks/levels.
The deadlines to apply for admission into Professional Education:
- The last Friday in September if you applying in fall for spring
- The last Friday in February if you are applying in spring for fall
College of Education Advising Office
Office: Armstrong Hall 117